Mindful Matriarch Prenatal Yoga (R-PYS)
with Kelley Voegelin (E-RYT 500, R-PYT) in South Portland, Maine
Mindful Matriarch Prenatal Teacher Training is for certified yoga teachers who are interested in offering pregnant people a safe, accessible & supportive movement practice.
This 85 hour Yoga Alliance accredited training educates teachers on yoga practices (asana, pranayama, meditation, mudra) for each stage of pregnancy. Alignment & prenatal sequencing are explored, as well as development of awareness & coping techniques for the & and emotional changes of pregnancy, stages of labor, birth & postpartum.
Mindful Matriarch Prenatal Yoga encourages endurance for the journey ahead while also embracing rest & renewal with tools that bring balance & wellbeing to a pregnant person’s ever changing body & world.
A brief overview of the curriculum:
- Asana & pranayama for each trimester
- Contraindicated practices
- High-risk & other conditions
- Modifications & sequencing
- Pelvic floor exercises
- Meditation & mudra
- Subtle Body
- The womb’s cycle & practices
- Birth choices & empowerment
- Anatomy & physiology of pregnancy & childbirth
- Creating a supportive space for prenatal students
- Practice teaching, feedback, practicum
- Observe prenatal classes
Price: $1350 Thereafter
Dates: TBD for next session
To request details + application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-requisite for this training is that you have a minimum of 200 hours yoga training.